What do we collect and use personal information for?
In order to:
- Administer your e-mail accounts with us.
- Process orders or applications submitted by you.
- Customise the service we provide to you.
- Administrate or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us.
- Verify your identity.
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you.
- Carry out market research and tracking of sales data.
- Send you information about products and services.
We need to collect and process personal information about you (including your name, a user name, and, in connection with your password, an answer to a question that only you would know). We may ask you for this information through our Site, or via one of our staff.
Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we can tailor our services for you.
We also collect information from you if you choose to take part in any of our surveys or competitions. We use this information to contact the winners of competitions and to help us plan other promotional campaigns.
Certain services are offered in conjunction with one of our partners. If in order to use that service, your personal information needs to be shared or only our partner needs to collect and use it, then we will tell you when you first go to use that service. Please note that certain services may be unavailable if you do not want to disclose the personal information you are asked for.
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our Site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet), which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Site. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to our Site with information relating to the number of users linking to our Site from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
Information placed on your computer
We may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer when you look at our Site. This information facilitates your use of our Site and helps us to provide you with the best level of service. For example, cookies ensure that you do not need to re-enter your details every time you visit our Site and help us to show you advertisements which are relevant to your interests.
You can erase or block cookies from your computer if you want to (your help screen or manual should tell you how to do this), but certain of our services may not work correctly if you set your browser not to accept cookies.
Improving our service
Staff from MM, or from our agents, may contact you from time to time by email or by telephone in order to get your views and comments on the service we provide to you.
Disclosing your information to others
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
We will only sell your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of our assets.
Information about products and services
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time we may send you details of products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive these details, then send a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, from time to time, we may share the information you supply to us with selected third parties to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish us to share your information in this way, then send a blank email message to email@example.com.
Keeping our records accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, you may do so at any time using the Contact page of the Site. If you have another query relating to your information, please contact us as set out below.
Public forums and chat rooms
Our Site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will continue to update these measures as new technology becomes available.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to our Site from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Transferring your personal information outside the European Economic Area
As part of the services offered to you through our Site, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including in appropriate circumstances the right to:
- Request access to your personal data to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy, where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it, where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or where you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.